Black Country Muse

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Can you Help ? > looking for family of, William Steventon. Hanged in 1828.

teresa
Tracing my family tree got back to William steventon aka billy sugar hung for the murder of John Horton his father was Benjamin steventon aka wicked will looking for siblings and grandparents
--
October 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jrose45

Found this online rootsweb. Hope it helps!

Hello all,

I have two marriages that I'm having a bit of a problem with;

1) William Steventon marrying Sarah Blackham, 1 Jul 1816 at Rowley Regis - is anyone able to find the bann for this? I'd like to know if there's anything more I can find out about these two other than where they were married and the date (e.g. William's occupation, where they were from, etc.)

2) Benjamin Steventon marrying Phebe (Phoebe/Pheobe) - these were William Steventon's parents (I think). I do not know the date of the marriage, although it is likely to have occurred in Oldbury or the surrounding area (based on their children's baptisms that I have found so far). Their children (that I have found so far); Nanny (born 3 Nov 1787, bap 9 Dec 1787 at Oldbury), Ann (born 1788 at Oldbury, died 1832, buried at Oldbury), James (born 1792 at Birmingham, died 1834 at Oldbury), and William (born abt 1796 at Rowley Regis, bap 30 Sep 1796 at Oldbury).

Any help with this would be great,

Many thanks, Holly.

A student tracing her ancestry.

Discovering that I'm not as English as my family once thought.

Ashforth | Watson | Smith | Davies | Beech | Matthews | Moxon | Heaton | Emmerson | Parkin | Cook | Venables | Perrins | Parsons | Whitely | Blackburn | Badger | Cullen | McWeeny/McWeeney | Steventon | Walters | Copley | Chapman | Wild | Garrity

May 30, 2016 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jrose45

Benjamin Stephenson married 28/11/1778 Hales Owen & Oldbury Phebe Chater or Chaser.

May 30, 2016 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.