Black Country Muse

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Can you Help ? > The Crown of Carter's Green, West Bromwich

Brock

My ancestor, Richard Davis, was a licencee & was connected to various pubs/inns during his lifetime including The Red Lion in Bridge Street in Wednesbury,  The Junction Inn Hotel in West Bromwich (which I believe was called the Tramway in past times too) & he ended his life in 1872 at the Crown in Carter's Green. I would like to try to discover what this pub was like so if anyone knows any information about the Crown in Carter's Green I would love to hear from you please. I especially would like to see any old pictures of the pub too please.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

August 29, 2014 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

plwhitehouse

I started to read this and thought to myself, "I don't remember writing this" ... then I noticed a few details I didn't know ... so, Hi Cousin ... I sent you a longer message from your member page. Cheers.

--

January 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pedro

The Old Crown in Carter's Green, High Street, West Bromwich, came up for sale in January 1858...

'Situated in a popular locality, good in and out-door trade has been carried out for a number of years...premises are extensive and commodious with large yard, goodstables, and all other conveniences, rendering it one of the most desirable Retail Taverns in the district.'

October 11, 2015 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.