Black Country Muse

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Murder Case Reviews > Frederick Musson, Child Murder,1875.

Alaska.
Site Owner

This case can be found in my ' More Ghastly Murders ' section, where it is described as dispicable crime. And so it is. The victim was 7 year old Elizabeth Lowkes, and a few more details have since emerged, thanks to a website reader. Her battered and much bruised body, was buried in Merridale Cemetery, on the 4th November, 1875. Her killers, having had the sentenced reduced to Manslaughter, were sentenced to Life, but it appears, following the proceedure at the time, both of them, Frederick Musson, and Anna Maria Hillman, were released around 1885. Certainly by 1891, Frederick has arrived back in Wolverhampton, and is working a boat called " Florence ", assisted by his eldest son, Frederick Jnr. While they have been in Prison, he had been living with his Uncle and Aunt, at 4, Ward Street, Wolverhampton. Being convicted of such an appalling crime doesn't seem to have much effect on his employment either, for he was still working the boats in 1901, and in 1911, was in charge of the " Rachel " , and working out of the Wolverhampton Basin. According to the records, he died in 1920, at the age of 70, ten times as long, as the poor girl he and his wife had so cruelly treated.

--

A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.  ( See my Blog entry )

August 8, 2014 at 3:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.